For Acrylic & Fibreglass Sales look no further than Newell Composites. Now stocking acrylic (perspex), polycarbonate, polyester resin and flowcoat.
Retail sizes include resin, flowcoat & acetone in sizes from 250ml to 20 liter & cut to length fibreglass mat, cloth & tape.
Items in stock include:
- Polyester Resin
- Catalyst (Hardener)
- Talc Powder
- 450GMS Chopped Strand Mat (CSM)
- 200GMS Woven Cloth
- Glass Tape (25mm, 50mm, 75mm & 100mm wide)
And a range of other product available by request or special order.
Acrylic & Polycarbonate Sheeting
Ever smashed something glass and thought there has to he a tougher, cheaper yet just as effective option?? Maybe you have a piece of “Perspex” that needs replacing, but don’t know where to start looking!!
Look no further than Newell Composites, your one stop shop for Acrylic & Fibreglass Sales. In addition to fibreglass sales they stock a range of clear Acrylic, polycarbonate and diffuser sheets. Full sheets are available in stock so getting the right piece for your application is easy. They can even cut it to size and drill the holes. Therefore all you need to do order, collect, install and the job is done.
Newell Composites – Handy Hints:
Acrylic & Polycarbonate: The difference!
Not sure what you really need? Your’e pretty sure its “perspex” but what does that really mean. Fear not, in order to make it easier Newell Composites have laid out the FACTS!!
- Shinier product & greater clarity
- 17 times the impact resistance of glass
- Greater resistance over polycarbonate for evenly distributed load (doesn’t flex as easy)
- Greater resistance over polycarbonate to scratching & can be
- Greater UV resistance & does not yellow over time
- Available in a wider range of colours
- Very Rigid
- Cracks easier
- Drilling can easily cause cracking
- Prone to chipping
- Motorcycle helmet visors
- Helicopter and submarine windows
- Hockey rink glass
- Interior layer of storm window linings
- Animal and reptile enclosures
- Fish tanks and aquariums
- Light fixtures
- Point of purchase display and signage
- Automotive trim
- 250 times the impact resistance of glass
- Less ridged than acrylic & can be purchased in flexible grades
- Can handle temperatures up to 240 degrees Fahrenheit
- Highly resistant to acids and other chemicals such as gasoline
- Can be drilled without worry of cracking
- Can be cold formed or bent without heating
- Low level of flammability
- Easier to scratch
- More expensive in comparison to acrylic
- Poorer clarity, cannot be polished to restore clarity
- Low level of resistance to abrasive cleaners and surfaces
- Can be dented
- Window well covers
- Automobile windows and windshields
- Reusable drinking bottles
- Computers and phone cases
- Transparent visors for football and hockey helmets
- Molds for urethane and silicone casting
- Machinery guards
- LED light pipes and diffusers
- Bullet-resistant “glass”